Sunday 7 April 2013

Introductory Meeting

So yesterday was the day of my initial meeting for parents and interested parties. I was very nervous as I didn't know if anyone was coming, I had had some people email to show interest but I had also had some saying that although they had hoped to attend they were now unable to. My unsettled feelings must have passed on to my baby who decided that me getting any sleep was a silly idea.

So we headed off early, which was a good thing as when we got to the Polka theatre, we discovered that the projector cable did not fit to my mac, small panic. Luckily my husband had was in Wimbledon with my oldest, so a quick visit to Stormfront saved the day.

Then people began to arrive, a trainee journalist and local councillor were the first, adding to my panic, then some parents arrived. Neil (my husband) was keeping the my oldest entertained outside with a light-sabre or 2, and my mum was there to help with the baby, although he did initially help me with the presentation.

Once I started talking I felt a lot less nervous, and actually really enjoyed the opportunity to share the idea. At the end of my presentation there was also a really good question and answer session, and the parents seemed really interested and engaged. I was over the moon that after the meeting all the parents expressed interest in being involved.

I am going to start a FAQ post that I will update as I get more questions and as I find out more answers. If you were unable to attend the meeting and have any questions about the schools vision please have a look at My school idea in a nutshell post, and if this doesn't help please email me at curiouserandco@icloud.com


No comments:

Post a Comment